Starter for Julie's birthday.
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 rather big aubergine
- pine nuts et pistachios
- 2 shallots
- some basil
- quite a lot of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 210°C.
- Slice the aubergine (slices should be about 5mm thick), add salt and pepper, and pour some olive oil. Put them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Put the tomatoes into boiling water for about 20 seconds, cool them with water, then peel them and dice them.
- Put about 40mL of olive oil into a frying pan, add the tomato dices, sliced shallots, fine-cut basil, pine nuts and pistachios. Cook until you obtain some sort of paste (10 minutes, give or take). WARNING: near the end of the process, there's a high risk of projections!
- Use the aubergine slices from (1) interleaved with a tea spoon of paste (4) to create the mille-feuilles. With the ingredients above, it's usually possible to make 4 mille-feuilles with 4 slices of aubergine each.
- Leave it for a while then store it in the fridge.
Pour a tea spoon of olive oil on each mille-feuille just before serving.